Thursday, January 6, 2011

Santa, Gingerbread, and Mom's Fabulous Presents

So this is the last Christmas 2010 post...I think...

Santa

Because Mark has been in command for such a long time, he had the pleasure of hosting his second Christmas Party for his unit.  Once again, Santa made an early appearance there for the kiddos of the families, and he gave each one a present.  


Charlotte was so happy to see Santa.  She was concerned she might be on the naughty list, but after he was so nice to her, she felt a little better about the whole thing.



Andie was also happy to see Santa.  She is getting so big though.  I am glad Santa has more lap room this year. Instead of milk and cookies, we left Santa a banana this year because we didn't want to sabotage his healthy habits.

 Gingerbread House

At Ikea there are these cute little house kits...but there are no decorations included, so we had fun picking out what colorful candies would be best.  Charlotte & Andie each got their own side to decorate, and mom helped put the icing on in the pattern they wanted for the rooftop. 



Mom's Presents

Mark and I agreed that we would not be getting each other anything for Christmas Day (our stuff was in the mail), but I took the girls on a shopping trip to find these cookies that are Mark's favorite.  They can only be found at REWE here in Germany.  Well, he took the girls out shopping for me one day while I was out, and when I came home there were 4 presents for me under the tree from the girls.  I was feeling bad about only getting him cookies until Christmas morning...:)

  
As I opened them he made sure to tell me that the girls picked everything out themselves.  The candle was Chalotte's choice.  She liked the color, but Mark made a face at the smell.   Andra picked out Twilight Woods from Bath and Body Works, which actually smells pretty good.  However, she initially picked out an aftershave for me.  I am glad Mark at least steered her toward the section for women.  I also received Bonnie Bell lip gloss in a mocha flavor, and "Sparked" nail color by Wet n Wild.  It was fun to open such unexpected gifts.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment